Look and feel youthful at any age
Hormonal balance is the core of looking and feeling youthful and beautiful at any age. Regardless of your age, you have the ability to feel amazing and bursting with vitality. In this week's article, we will be sharing VENeffect founders' tips and tricks to feeling your very best.
Eating for Venus Effect:
You might have heard the phrase “you are what you eat”, and there is truth in that adage - what you put into your body reflects in your health inside and out. Of course at VENeffect we are proponents of the health benefits of phytoestrogens in foods, including some of the most delicious seeds and nuts such as almonds, pomegranate and blueberries. Indulging in these healthful choices, and avoiding sugar and carbohydrate heavy alternatives, will not only help to balance your hormonal fluctuations, they will speed metabolism and enhance the glow in your skin. VENeffect Founders, and sisters, Cecil Booth and Dr. Rebecca Booth share their tips for the “inside out” approach to beauty:
The VENeffect Founders’ Favorite Ingredients for Healthy, Beautiful Skin:
- Nuts, Legumes and Seeds – Almonds, peanuts, chickpeas (hummus) soybeans (edamame), flax & chia. Include them in your smoothie, spread them on whole grain toast, order them as an appetizer when dining out and you will be incorporating some of the healthiest foods on the planet, not to mention significant sources of phytoestrogens for better skin, hair and metabolism.
- Green Tea - the antioxidants in tea help protect us from the damaging effects of oxidation so that your skin remains naturally vibrant with fewer imperfections.
- Avocados - these are a wonderful source of Vitamin E, healthy fats and linoleic acid, helping to create that healthy youthful glow by reducing collagen breakdown in the skin, as well as improving skin elasticity.
- Omega 3 Rich Fish - Omega-3 Fatty Acids have been shown to prevent heart disease and reduce cancer risk, as well as reducing the aging process on the skin by helping it retain natural moisture and increased softness. Cecil & Rebecca share a favorite quick recipe for 30-minute Baked Salmon.
Cecil Booth’s Avocado Salsa
Great topping for salads, fish, vegetables
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS finely sliced green onion
- 1-2 tsp finely minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium ripe but firm avocado, cut into ½ inch cubes
- juice of ½ lemon – freshly squeezed
Mix together the ingredients and set aside. The lemon juice will keep the avocado from turning brown and give a great citrus kick. Bake the salmon as directed and top with the Avocado salsa. Enjoy!
Skin Care Benefits of Aloe Vera:
In developing VENeffect we sourced our powerful technology from the plant world with our potent and unique phytoestrogens. We also looked to nature to find soothing and healthful ingredients specially selected for every product in our line. One of those ingredients that has been proven for centuries is Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera, also known as the “Plant of Immortality” by Ancient Egyptians, has a myriad of health benefits. For centuries, it has been used topically to soothe pain and act as an anti-inflammatory. Because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it may be used to treat sunburn, cuts, and scrapes, with the effect of relieving pain and burning.
Aloe Benefits for Skin:
- Moisturizes without an oily feel
- Provides a protective layer on skin,
- Has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties
- Fights aging with multiple antioxidants such as beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E, that help improve skin’s firmness and keep it hydrated
We use Aloe Vera Leaf Juice in our Anti-Aging Eye Treatment to soothe the delicate skin around the eye and complement the natural anti-inflammatory effects of our phytoestrogens.
A great strategy to look and feel youthful, regardless of your age, is to embrace physical activity as a constant in your daily life. Dr. Rebecca Booth recommends a minimum of 22 minutes of aerobic exercise a day combined with yoga or Pilates at least twice a week. The combination of daily movement and bi-weekly core/stretching contributes to hormonal balance and your skin will glow with vitality.
Dr. Booth shares, “ I often hear from my patients about the challenges of keeping up with the goal of daily exercise. There are so many potential barriers including weather, time and simply motivation. I feel them too. One great tip that has helped many is to get walking. Any time of year, you can find a way to walk indoors and out. A great DVD series is Leslie Sansone’s walk at home program, and there are many others as well.”